Friday, December 24, 2010

Tis the day before Christmas and.....

Tis the day before Christmas..and what a beautiful day to blog. It's nice and quiet in my house, the smell of the Christmas tree fills the air, I guess it was great to get a real tree again (I was the one opting for a fake one, but the rest of the family won that one),  the blinking of the Christmas tree lights gives off an great alive feeling and the table is filled with wrapping paper and tape ready for me to wrap the last gifts, yeah I am a procrastisanta..ha..ha..

I don't know, but for me this the best part.  I love wrapping the presents and getting them under the tree the night before, it actually relaxes me, go figure, I know for some it may stress them out.

I mean most of my friends in Texas have had their tree up 4 weeks ago and I always joke with them that as soon as the Turkey is out of the oven, the Christmas tree is up. I just have not been able to do that even though I guess it would help, because it takes me longer to get into the Christmas spirit.  I mean really, who can do that when it's 70 degrees outside. This New Yorker is still not used to that, it just doesn't feel like Christmas to me unless it's at least 30 or 40, windy and chilly, you know the bundling up kind of weather.

But hey we all celebrate differently and that's what it's all about. Accepting everyone's cultures and being happy in the moment of life so that we can share love and laughter with the people we love the most whether it's 30 degrees or 70.

So with that said, I wish all of my family and friends a very Merry Christmas and a happy and safe holiday season.  Now back to my wrapping. Enjoy!

Until next time

Live in Bliss

Gee-Fab
 A Blissful Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment